Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Harvest Notes: 9/18/12


The garden is definitely starting to slow down, though you won't be able to tell from this post.  I have been pulling the tomato plants one by one as they slowly succumb to blight - I'm down to five from 14 - so there have been a lot of bowls of half-ripe and green tomatoes around my kitchen lately.  I've also lost a couple pepper plants (I'm not sure why), and the squash and eggplant are on their way out as well.  Here's the tally since my last note:
  • 1 tromb. squash
  • 1 zucchini
  • 3 yellow squash
  • 2 small buttercup squash
  • 12 red pepper
  • 2 green peppers
  • 54 small peppers (most half-ripe)
  • 10 chilis
  • 28 small chilis 
  • 1 rosa bianca eggplant
  • 5 small eggplant
  • 1 small watermelon
  • 3 handfuls green beans
  • 9 lbs, 7 oz ripe tomatoes
  • 6 lbs, 11 oz green tomatoes
  • 1 small head valerie lettuce
  • 3 carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment