Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Harvest Notes: 8/29/2012

I've started pulling the tomato plants out of the garden, as some of them are pretty much finished and just spreading spores to the other plants.  That means I've been bringing in a few green ones, which I decided to record separately.  I'm also bringing in a lot of buggy and bug-eaten produce lately, and many of my tomatoes and peppers have "cloudy spot" - little white splotches in the outer layer caused by beetle feeding.  Still, the garden is remarkably productive.

  • 6 tromboncino squash
  • 19 lbs tomatoes
  • 2 lbs, 8 oz green tomatoes
  • 20 cucumbers
  • 25 red peppers
  • 3 mystery (would-be-butternut) squash
  • 6 green peppers
  • 4 yellow squash
  • 3 zucchini
  • 3 small japanese eggplant
  • 17 lbs, 15 oz potatoes
  • 36 chilis
  • 6 small purple peppers
  • 1 watermelon
  • a ton (maybe 40 plants?) of basil
  • 2 crazy carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment