Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blogger's Spring Malaise

The weather this year has been phenomenal.  So good, in fact, that I just don't have time to blog about it!  So, I'm sorry, but I'm resorting to bullet points:
  • flowering trees are starting to bloom
  • took the onions and lettuces out to the garden today, to give them a couple days to adjust to the weather out there before planting
  • transplanted all the tomatoes and peppers to pots
  • trimmed shrubs
  • set up pea netting in home garden
  • got some roma tomato seeds at a swap
  • dandelions are starting to bloom
  • thinking about starting a second compost pile
  • argued with Park Seed about getting my potatoes here early (or, at the same time every other seed company sends them!) - they agreed to ask the grower to send them early, but I'm not holding my breath
  • decided to plant celeriac where the kale was supposed to be
  • chopped down a bunch of volunteer trees by the back 40
  • new neighbors planting interesting trees by the fenceline
Happy spring, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment