Monday, November 28, 2011

Long Season

What a long year it's been in the garden! There are finally some signs that the season is drawing to an end, though.

Ridiculously long-lived hot pepper plants
My hot pepper plants and potatoes are starting to look wilty from frost damage.

Wilty late potato sprouts

And we've had a couple days this month when I had to bundle up A quite a bit in order to work outside.  It's a shame, because he really likes being outside and takes his best naps there.


December 1 is the last official day of the season at the community garden plot, and the park service has asked that we remove all of our gardening materials from the plots.  I've been gradually drawing down, so I think there will be too much to do, but then I'm always surprised by how much there is to do once I get there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still amazed how long the seasons are in Maryland, compared to the Midwest. It's only a bit further south, but it makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Reading other gardening blogs makes me really appreciate the extra growing days we get here, too.

    ReplyDelete