Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring is Here

Last weekend our daytime temps finally got above 40 degrees, prompting a frenzy of seed-starting activity at my house.  I dashed over to the store to buy new seed-starting trays, fetched the lights from the basement, cleaned the bulbs, hung the lights from the plant hooks we installed in the guest bedroom for this purpose, and fetched the soil and compost from the shed.  Then I had to take a break while the potting soil thawed - it's been cold here!  (I gave some of it a little help in a warm oven.)

While I was waiting I transcribed my paper planting calendar (circa 2013) into Google Calendar.  Then I planted lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, and onions.  I'm a bit late on some of them, but not too bad.  The lettuce came up last night.  As I write this snow is piling up outside again, but it is officially spring at the M residence.



No comments:

Post a Comment