Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Beautiful Spring

A. inspecting today's strawberry harvest


This evening I went out the the Cherry Hill garden to water some of the seeds I planted earlier this week.  But before I could do that, I had to spend about 45 minutes picking strawberries.  Then I found that most of the seeds I was there to water were already coming up, the ground having passed some magical spring/summer temperature divide that seems to tell the seeds to run.  The tomatoes I transplanted last week have set their first flowers, as have the sugar snap peas I've been drooling over.  The air this spring has been cool and dry, the rain has come in regular downpours, instead of days of drizzly drips.  Even the cabbage worms seem to have just fizzled away.  This must be the best spring I can remember in the garden.  

2 comments: