Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Harvest Notes

Yay!  Some of the year's first harvests are starting to come in:
  • 2.75 oz cilantro
  • 0.5 oz spinach (mixed flat and curly leaf)
  • 6.0 oz lettuce (mixed romaine, valerie & volunteer)
  • 3lbs 8 oz cabbage (cleaned and shredded)

R and I had a lot of fun this morning washing and chopping cabbage to make sauerkraut.  Then we washed and chopped some more, with less fun.  Then we washed and chopped the last third of it as fast as we possibly could, just to get it finished already!

Note to self about next year's fall garden:
I picked about 10-12 cabbage "heads" - more than I needed for the kraut I wanted
Next year, more carrots and broccoli, greens - less cabbage

1 comment:

  1. I had the lettuce for lunch yesterday in a big salad. DELICIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete