Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012 Garden Goals

Today was the first official day the community garden is open, and it was a gorgeous day!  But we didn't bother going out there, because the soil was far too wet to work with.  Instead I puttered around the house, tidying the yard and shed.  I pulled the lettuce seedlings out of the hothouse, and brought the onion starts outside as well, to harden off a bit.  I also worked for awhile on a little project I cooked up last week to show the neighbors just how crazy I am: chopping down all the volunteer trees by our back fence with a hatchet!

Anyway, since the garden is open and the tomatoes and peppers are starting to come up I guess I better hurry up and finish my garden goals for 2012!

  1. Use growing beds more efficiently - get another crop in right away when one finishes, so I don't waste time and space growing weeds.
  2. Grow more root crops.
  3. Fill in herb bed.
  4. Finish reading the Master Gardener handbook.
  5. Keep planting records for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment