Monday, January 2, 2012

The Ginger's Demise

There are two kinds of gardeners in this world: those who love cats and those who hate them.  If you are iffy on the subject of cats, become a gardener and you will learn where you stand.  Cats are hell on gardens.  They regard freshly dug garden soil (and sandboxes, and compost piles) as their personal litter boxes, blooming flower beds as divans, leafy plants as food, and anything else as a potential toy.  They are almost untrainable, uncatchable, and intolerable. 

But they do hunt bunnies, squirrels, rats, and mice.  When they are so inclined.  And they love you.  When they are so inclined.

And yes, this is the long way of telling you that the cat ripped up my ginger plant, threw dirt all over my kitchen floor, and pooped in the ginger pot.

Dead ginger plant

I didn't take a picture of the poop.  I'll let you know in a few days if I still love cats.

1 comment: