Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Visitor

There is no picture for this post, but I thought I would share. Yesterday N came inside and stood beside the backdoor with a peculiar look on his face - like he had a serious case of "the willies". "That was so not cool," he said.

Immediately I remembered the time a couple months ago when I was painting our front steps and turned around to find a spider the size of my hand crawling around the sidewalk behind me. (I was talking to my sister on the phone at the time and when I told her she said, "Why don't you kill it?" "It's outside!" I replied. That's willie logic for you.)

"Really big spider?" I said, vaguely surprised that he would be bothered by such a thing. "So not a spider," he replied. After a couple more worthless guesses on my part, he told me what he'd found: a dead raccoon in our outdoor trash can!

We have these lovely rolling trash cans provided by the city that are supposed to be raccoon-proof, and I've never found trash outside of it except when I left it open. I guess he must have somehow gotten in there and been unable to get back out. Shudder. Aren't you glad I don't have a picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment